HOUSING SUPPORT OFFICER
To provide on excellent client focused service for Twenty-Fifth Avenue Housing Association’s (referred to as ’the organization’) tenants ensuring that core and support to enable them maintain their tenancy and achieve their inspirations of independent living. As Housing Support Officer, you will be working for a people-led organization whose mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change.’ You will collaborate with clients to identify housing-related support needs, completing risk assessments and support plans.
- The Supported Housing officer reports to the Housing Operations Manager and responsible for maintaining support for the housing scheme of the
- the duties of the Housing Officer will be determined by the Individual needs of the tenants being supported, hence the context which support is provided may vary according to the tenant’s supported accommodation which may Include site-based support, housing management or as may be
- To work closely with the Housing Operations Manager and other colleagues in accordance with the organization’s core values to ensure excellent service
- Support Services
- Identify tenant’s needs and Implement suitable support plans to ensure Identified support needs are met.
- To encourage and support tenants to live independently and providing Information, emotional and practical support as
- To carry out risk assessments as and when necessary as circumstance and needs of tenants
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory agencies/local authority
- Organize and provide appropriate support for tenants preparing to move-on to greater independence, including support through the move and the resettlement to their own
- Advocate for the tenants where
- To participate in the assessment and selection of tenants by ensuring good practice and equality opportunity is
- Proactively work with the Housing operations manager, statutory agencies/local authority and other relevant authority to develop and promote resident participation, consultation and community development with the aim of meeting the needs of tenant and the
- Ensure the organizations data base is up to
- Keep up to dole with housing benefits and advice tenants on this, offering relevant
- Support tenant in completing housing benefits claim forms as required by statutory agencies/local authority and other relevant
- Tenancy Services
- To provide effective and housing management service to supported housing liaising with relevant statutory agencies/local authority.
- To provide supported assistance and advice to residents and taking appropriate action where
- Collect, record and reconcile service charge and other
- Monitor non-payment of rent and take action In line with the agreed agreements, policy and
- Secure tenants understand their tenancy agreement, rights and obligations and report any breaches thereof to the Supported Housing Operations
- Monitor the provision of Housing services (Heating, cleaning, provision of furniture ) where applicable.
- Liaise, consult with and actively support tenant Encourage participation in decision making process.
- Respond promptly and sensitively to all reports of anti-social behavior, nuisance and harassment, domestic violence in line with the organization’s policies and procedures and current best practice. Pursue the cases through relevant legal
- Investigate and respond to all complaints, expressions of dissatisfaction and informal comments about service delivery and ensuring all responses ore completed within a set time
- Respond to emergency calls from tenants and contractors and summon appropriate assistance as necessary.
- Report all fire safety Issues and maintain log books to ensue thot all Are procedures ore adhered to prevent outbreak of accidental
- Report all accidents in accordance with agreed
- Ensure tenants ore effectively consulted over decisions affecting
- Housing Management
- Report, order and Inspect day to day repairs and estate maintenance, monitoring the performance of the organization’s service contractors.
- Ensure thot housing equipment’s are provided and regularly serviced, tested and complies with health and safety
- Carry out risk assessment and Hazard reporting in line with Health, safety policy and procedures.
- Manage void, carry out post void inspections to ensure properties are meeting high Follow up on any work acquired to the void, order required furniture and ensure provided furniture meet required standards.
- Deal with replacement and/or repair of rooms/flat or communal furniture
- Participate in quarterly housing Inspections and health & safety inspections, ensure tenants comply accordingly. Take appropriate action against tenants who do not comply accordingly.
- Staff and Team Working
- Work within a team, supporting colleagues and attending team meetings, recording and showing Information appropriately and confidentiality.
- Keep up to date with issues relevant to housing and support, welfare benefits and other relevant
- To undertake all core training required for this post and other training and professional development as
- 5. Other duties
- Submit relevant report as
- To be aware of ability’s values, policies and procedures that ore current at any time and always carry out duties
- To comply at all times with the organization’s legal, contractual regulations, polices, procedures and responsibilities relation to the above
- Undertake other delegated tasks and responsibilities that fall within your The list in not exhaustive and responsibilities may be subject to amendment.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
~ Good working knowledge of the DWP and benefits
~ Knowledge/ experience of working with YP 16 – 35yrs old
~ Knowledge / experience managing tenancy matter (local authority or Housing Association background would be more desirable)
~ Good IT and keyboard skills
~ Ability to operate client database systems
~ Enhance DBS
~ Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
~ Ability to work in a team as well as to lone-work and to work on own initiative
~ Ability to carry out instruction and to manage a caseload.
We are looking for candidates who are Honest and fair and have a flexible attitude.
If you feel you are a good fit and possess the required experience we look forward to hearing from you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in the position.
Accommodation & facilities
Please note that the following facilities are now available to you during the hours listed below at our office in 1st Floor, Thomas House, 3 Wellington Street, Woolwich SE18 6NY
Advice & Guidance
Our aim is to keep providing the services we offer and also develop a viable system that will enable advice & information to be readily accessed.
Pathway to employment
As well as job search support and work experience, job seekers will have greater access to training and skills development and other help at a time better suited to their needs.
Compliments and Complaints
It is important for us to know what we are doing right. If you are impressed with any of our services, or if any of our staff have excelled in their duties.
How to Apply
Download the form
Accept self referrals and referrals from any agency.
Referral procedure Phone Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
Application form filled in by applicant and referral agency.
Need proof of ID.